Ugh, I'm playing catch-up here. But I wanted to post about the sailboat race from last weekend. Sailing the Trestle to Trestle Race is a family tradition for us. I think my husband has been sailing this race the last weekend of June since he was 8 years old. It is a race from Dayton, MT to Somers, MT. Depending on the wind it can be a fast 3 hour race to a slow bob down the lake sometime taking 6 hours or more. I like to go when it is just a fun casual ride, with out the intense drive to win. So Brad and I can be at odds about it a bit sometimes. I'm like "ehh, win, loose, what ever, it's sunny out, feel the breeze. enjoy the ride." But for Brad, sail boat racing and being competitive in his blood, so it's "win, or don't show up." So I guess it's a good thing we showed up then, because... guess what... we won. Yeah Brad!
A little history here Brad started sailing with his dad when he was 7 years old, and then all throughout growing up. It was a huge part of their family time. Then later he raced as an adult with his dad. They drug that boat all over the place, racing it in Key West, FL, San Francisco, Seattle, Whidbey Island, WA and Long Beach, CA. He only raced for a little while after his dad passed away, but then we decided to conver the boat into a family cruiser, so it's now set up for camping and day sailing instead of racing.
We camped the night before on Wildhorse and then went in in the morning for the annual group pancake breakfast, but then Laci and I got off the boat and headed to Grandma's for the day, while Maddi and Brad and 5 of Brad's sailing friends raced the boat to Somers. Here's some pics from the race. It was a beautiful day on the lake.















0 comments:
Post a Comment