A bit of trivia about me, in order for me to accomplish certain tasks, I have to have a partiular type of 'background noise' playing for me to get them done. Some noise for certain functions I prefer is different than for other. For instance: when I'm working on the computer- I have to have music playing. When I try to work and music is not playing, I feel like the room seems empty and I find my self distracted. Likewise, for me to even be at my office working, I have to have the fountain running. We have this big water fountain that sits in the front enterance, and it is pretty loud. But it's now been 5 years in our new building and listening to this fountain everyday, and when it is not on I feel like I am in a library and everyone can hear what I am saying and vice/versa. So I find my self whispering when I talk when it's not on. I totally notice when it's not running and then find myself complaining. I know that little nunance of mine is a bit crazy, and I drive everyone at work insane with it. I think they sometimes wish it was off so the place will sound calm. Actually, I know they do, because sometimes when I just pop in there when they aren't expecting me, it's off. Oh well, they keep it on for me, a little perk of being the boss.
What else..... things like mowing the lawn or riding in the car, it's music again for me. It has to be on or things just don't seem right. Oddly enough though, when I'm on the sailboat, I almost can't stand any music at all. This of course drives my poor husband to drink and he gets totally upset with me, siteing that I can stand to listen to my music all day long, and just NOT his. But actually that's not true. I like his music, I enjoy the 'island getaway' he always listens too. Once in a while 'ol Jimmy Buffet gets on my nerves, but overall I like the mix they play on Radio Margaritaville. But there is something about being on the boat that makes me want quiet. Maybe it's the sound of the sails, the wind and the water. I don't know and can't explaing it, but there you go.
Reading is different for me altogether. I can read about anywhere really. But when I'm at home reading, it is best done with the TV on low, almost so low you can't really hear what they are saying. And I usually have it tuned to something that will not comptete with my reading, like some drama or show like Castle or Bones or Modern Family. If those are on, I get all messed up and keep loosing my place in the book. Actually one of my favorite things to have on.... this will sound lame....I am a complete nerd... is River Monsters (I am completely NOT into fishing, but am somehow captivated by this Austrailan guy traveling the world to catch these big fish), the Universe (I have the hardest time wrapping my head around the notion --that all of the stars we see in the sky are from like 600 million years ago, done-overwith-caput-history, well really we ARE looking at history...crazy!), Man vs. Wild (well this one is a bit for my naughty side, since I love to watch Bear Grylles.. Hot-hot), or really anything Discovery, National Geographic Channel, or History International Channel. Those things are all PERFECT reading background noise for me.
Just a random glimpse of me. Now you know.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment