My Thoughts on Dead in the Family

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been holding out on this review, waiting for a few friends to finish it before I said my thoughts, but decided, I must Blurp, before it fades too much into the blurr of everything that has already happened to Sookie. I am giving this one 4 Stars, however, generously. This book for me, was somewhere between 3-4 Stars. Not my favorite of this series by far.

To me this one was quite a bit more somber, and honestly Sookie is sad and just not herself. Not that I can totally blame her, the last book (and all of the others) were crazy and tons has happened to her. I guess she deserves a break. There are a few characters that I was disappointed in. But oh well. I was super glad to see the new direction her relationship went with Bill, he's not my favorite. And I of course love Eric, and think he was still great. In fact, I might love him more now. This books give us more of a glimpse into his past, creation and a bit of what he goes through just to just to be a Vamp today following different leaders and their rules. Really Eric has a lot of baggage. But he loves Sookie and I love that.

So I think this overall might have been a bit of a Bridge book, between her moments of commotion. But the end of this #10 book finishes in complete "Sookie Style" and for that 4 Stars, can't again wait for the next one... Dead Giveaway I think??

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment