The Darkest Night by Gena ShowalterMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I mistakenly read the Prequel,The Darkest Fire, to this book on my kindle, before I read this one. I guess that's the point actually, to read the 'before' story before the actual story starts, but the books were bundled together so they just read from one, slipping right into the next. Ok, I could not stand the prequel, (see my earlier blurp for that one). But thought this one was awesome. It was everything I like about reading paranormal romance books, and it was easy to devour. Honestly I think I even would have rated it a bit higher, expept for I thought the bad guys went away a bit TOO easy in the end... and then there was all of these cheezy "I love you, I love you, I love you's" at the end... Sappy... I think as readers we could maybe have gotten the love with out all the sappy-ness. So those were my only complaints, and they were easy to read through.
I was planning to read and finish some other books before I picked up book #2, but now am rethinking the plan... I think book #2 is in my future sooner than I thought
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment