The Body Finder by Kimberly DertingMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I had a hard time getting through this one at first. Not that it was bad writing, because it wasn't, it was good and full of well formed descriptions that were easy to visualize. And I liked the story and friendship of Violet and Jay. But I have two daughters so anything with young girls being kidnapped, brutalized and/or killed, just gets under my skin and I some how choke on it. But I knew it would be good book. So I gritted my teeth (and my nerves) and made it through. And really, how glad am I that this was just a YA novel and not Adult. Because I know had it had been an Adult version of this tale, it would have been way more graphic and brutal and am not sure I would have made it through.
But aside from all of that, Violet's gift was unique. And I really enjoyed reading of her friendship with Jay, that became more than just friends. It was a nice love story. He was the perfect guy, that any young girl would want. This book seemed to be 2 parts, one part murder-mystery and one part young romance.
Overall a great read, though I was surprised to see that it is only book #1 in a new series, and that there were more to come. I felt like it was a totally satisfying ending that could have stopped at the end of this one. But I guess if it is continuing, it was a nice refreshing, non-frustrating change that it wasn't the total cliffhanger that so many others are right now at the end of each book in their series.
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment