Somebody needs a Mansy

Complete drama today at the swimming lessons. When I first arrived there, there was at least 40 people all huddled around this car that was parked in the first spot at the pool. The car was running, but everyone was looking in the windows, some talking to each other, some talking on their phones, but all looked to be panicking, some even crying... so I looked in too. There's a little girl in there smiling back at everyone, and apparently she's locked herself in there. So I get it, it's hot out and that could be totally unsafe. But at least it's not like no one knows about it, apparently the whole park knew, they all have cell phones to get someone there to fix it, and she has the AC turned on and she was smiling.

Then, I don't know, 15 minutes into the lesson. A little girl pukes in the kiddie pool. Now this is the second time this week that I have seen this happen. The park staff, just has everyone get out, they got out a net, cleaned it out and dumped some bleach in the water.I heard two of the staff talking, and the manager lady said it would be ready for the next lesson in 1/2 an hour. Um... OK. in Maui, at the resort we have our timeshare condo at, when this kind of thing happens, they evacuate the whole pool area, zap the pool with some sort of 'charged' devise, dump some chemicals in, drop in this little water hover craft machine to clean, and make all swimmers wait 24 hours to use the pool again. Sometimes they even go so far as to drain he whole thing and refill it. Knowing this was standard practice at other places, made me wonder about our local community pool and their procedures... hmm

This had me thinking about that funny scene in Caddy Shack with the candy bar in the pool... remember this?:



And while I am sitting in the parent waiting area on the grass, watching this pool scene unfold, and seeing the police finally come to unlock the parked car, I happen to glance to my right to the man and the lady sitting next to me watching their kids. Now, it is definitely hot out, I think my phone said 87*, and I know there is this unspoken rule that it is OK for men to not wear a shirt in public and it is generally accepted. Men, no matter what their body looks like, are expected to only wear shorts (or bottoms) for swim trunks. But this guy took off his shirt (huge farmer tan by the way) and turned his back to me, for whatever reason, and ugh... way too much information. I totally get the 'happy trail' on a guys stomach, below the navel leading south... But a happy trail on your back is just nasty. He had this pyramid of bushy-black-hair from like mid-back going down, disappearing into the nether-regions of his trunks. I mean... ick. I did not need to know with one glance that clearly this man has a totally hair ass! For the love of mike, I don't care if it's ok for guys to not wear a top when it's hot out and we are in a swimming environment and if they have an awesome body, I am totally appreciative of their clothes shedding. But this guys... cover that shit up! He in my opinion would definitely qualify as needing a Mansy... a onesy for men... yuck, I hope I don't have nightmares.

Swim lessons... never a dull moment.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!!!! and a little scary.

Post a Comment