My Thoughts on The Darkest Fire

The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Prequel)The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

So I feel horrible in saying this but I thought this prequel was awful. It came with the Lords of the Underworld Bundle I bought from Amazon for my Kindle. And actually, when I started reading it I thought I was reading The Darkest Night. I'm reading along, thinking the way the story is written and the dialogue is so cheezy I can hardly continue. But I keep thinking, I know I really like this author, and she gets really good ratings, so this must get better. So I'm reading, reading, thinking, I have a 100 page rule, and I am determined to get that far. But then poof, I'm saved and it was over, only about 70 pages as it turns out.

Then I turn the page and realize that now starts the actual book I thought I was reading. The Darkest Night. So let me just end this blurp by saying, I completely have not been able to put down this next book. I love it. The writing is way, way, better. I am completely sucked in. I guess so far there is a little reference in it to theh prequel, and maybe it will become evident later why this silly prequel was even necessary. I honestly feel bad even sayiing anything this bad about a book, but it's true. It was hokey, hokey, hokey. It doesn't even feel like the same person that wrote Darkest Fire, could have written Darkest Night.

Enough said, on to her other great books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment