Tris-ca-dec-a-phobia!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been a bit busy: with work, I've had a sick kid at home half the week, a PTA board meeting to prepare for and to have, as well as preparations for a baby shower I am co-hosting tomorrow morning. But as I sit here and make quiche-loraine (6 of them), into the wee hours of the night for tomorrows party, I thought I'd catch up on a post.

During the time here at home with my daughter while she was out of school (sore throat & fever), there have been a just few hours (ahem..) of the TV being on in our house, the usual TV shows, movies whatnot. But one movie especially I must make note of. I guess it's probably a 'kid' movie per-say. But I have to admit that I cannot resist it when it is on. For some odd reason, I must watch each time, and find myself each time, completely captivated. I tear up at several scenes throughout and always get chills at the end... when she finally believes in herself. I think each time I see this silly movie, it reveals to me a new life message. It is a story about new beginnings, being a child at heart, believing in yourself and finding your inner 'Sparkle' and finally, I think, having faith and believing in the magic of life. What movie is this? You've probably all seen it and will think I'm crazy, I think even my kids think I'm crazy when it comes to it. I am sure some movie master-minds will not agree with me. I am sure it is not the best made movie, with the best-ever, acadamey-award-winning acting. But I don't care, each time it moves me, and I love it...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and Jason Bateman... all are great. Anyway, I know I am gushing about this flick, so I'll stop. But if you haven't seenit, rent it sometime, and think of me sitting there mesmerized... :)

And what's the tris-ca-dec-a-phobia? It's the silly word Mahoney and Mr. Magorium use, instead of starting on "Go" (because everyone always starts on "Go") before they sneak into a bedding store to jump on the mattresses.

OK, so enough of that... Baby Shower tomorrow for one of my most favoritest people ever, Molly-Moo. Can't wait. Hopefully will have some words and a few pics after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment