Midnight Alley by Rachel CaineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I went straigh from The Dead Girls' Dance to this one finishing both the same day. Guess I was just having one of those reading days.
Here again, I really like Claire and Shane, but as brave and tough and valiant as he is, he is always in trouble or slightly beat up or in jail or hurt. Ugh. And again, I think there almost seems to be something underlying between her and Michael. No matter what either is going through, they totally tell eachother everything and are completly understanding of eachothers decisions. Not something you see with the Claire/Shane or Michael/Eve senarios. So I still can't decide if maybe it's like a family-ish thing or friends or what.
I am bugged at this point that the author had Claire start out these stories as being 16. I think that drags a lot of parts down, and makes some of her senarios seem unrealistic. I get it that she is this brilliant child prodigy, but the age thing holds her back to me a bunch. I thinks she could have been 18 or 19 and the stories could have been just fine.
And once again, everyone wants Claire for their own purposes and seem to use her to get what they want (well not Shane, Michael and Eve of course). I feel bad for the constant decisions she must make that are always between a rock and hard place.
I guess her parents are going to finally play more of a role in her life in the 4th book. Amazing. But then I am thinking, they willl just be more people that Claire will be made to make tough decisions for in order to protect them.
I'm ready for the next book in this series, but going to try to make myself hold back a bit, a little break between. So I'm fresh perspective for the Feast of Fools.
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment