I heard a new song on the radio yesterday, and it totally bothered me. Not the words or the melody or the music part really. It just bugged me WHO was singing it... Bret Michaels w/Miley Cyrus. Its some new song called Nothing to Lose. But, um Hello, he is SOooo '80s (Poison) still trying to be NOW, and then she's so young, like what 17? And they're singing this song about sex. He could easily be her dad, probably the same age as old Billy Ray. Miley Cyrus and her Hannah Montana personna have been a favorite of my daughters, and was feeling kind of sad for them that her series was ending. And I totally get that she has to 'grow' up at some point too, but I don't know...just too big of a leap, I think. Now, I am NOT so sad that maybe my girls won't be so influenced by her if this is the direction she is taking. It's kind of that 'Old Guy/Really Young Girl' thing... ick.
You know Bon Jovi (whom I Love) did this same thing a few years ago with Leanne Rimes, Till We Aren't Stranges Anymore, same thing, and the video for that song was them walking around or laying on some big bed in the middle of a street in NYC or some other city. Ok, admittedly, I typically love anything he does, and she was not exactly an icon for young girls nor had she made her name and mark or achieved her fame through their admiration, but still...' Old Guy/Really Young Girl' thing again... ick.
Maybe I'm just being old fashioned about this or lame.















0 comments:
Post a Comment