We are just over the one week mark in the Personal Challenge Brad and I started. I had a few off days right off the bat for me. But later in the week, I finally got with it. Brad's so far seems pretty easy for him. Because, ugh, he completely hasn't tried stopping smoking yet. But he did go in to the doctor last week and got a prescription for a drug called Chantix, a stop smoking drug. So actually, he's supposed to take it for one week, and still smoke at the same time. Then after that he quits the smoking, and keeps on the prescription for 3 months. Then, supposedly, that's it. Done with Smoking, done with Chantix.. so we'll see.
Me though, my challenge so far has been more difficult. I am back trying to do the routine of Cardio and Strength training that I had set up with a trainer last summer (yes, am sad to say it has been that long). Of course I am definitely working under my levels from back then. But I am sure some of you can relate to my "restarting a workout blues." Because.... Ouch... Damn it! I can hardly move! I am strategically grouping items around my house and office so I don't have to make too many trips up or down the stairs. Because right now, that takes a long time for one trip, and is NOT a pretty picture. And PLEASE don't make me laugh, cough or sneeze. I think each time my stomach muscles seize up.
I know next week I'll be past this stage. But I can't wait. I'm such a slug!















0 comments:
Post a Comment