Personal Challenge- Day One


Yesterday, Brad and I made a pact to each make a big change for the next 45 days. The deal was that we each had to make an effort, to make a positive change in our lives, by doing something that was difficult for each of us. Brad agreed to try to NOT smoke 30 of the next 45 days. While I agreed to work out 30 of the next 45 days. We were thinking to make it some sort of contest with an award at the end. But haven't come up with a suitable reward as yet, when really, if we each do what we set out to do, the individual rewards are clear anyway.

Today, Monday, April 19th is Day One. For me, I had planned this morning to squeeze in a work out after work, after I picked the kids up at the bus stop. Get 'em home, get 'em settled, feed the dog, head out to exercise room and work out. All was going as planned. I got kids settled and snacked up, I got me suited up, hair up, ipod, water bottle, book in hand. I walked outside to head to our exercise room (it is detached from our house, built onto our garage), and... IT HIT ME! Sunshine... 70 degrees... The first Real day of spring, with warmth. Somehow on my way to exercise, I found myself in the garage, digging out a lawn chair, and then in the fridge, grabbing a Mikes Hard Lemonade and a handful of Raspberry Newtons. Then I found myself in the grass, shoes off, feet up, book in hand... in the sunshine...

Now I'm down one in the first day of my 45 day Personal Challenge. I think somehow I'm only going to make it if it rains again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment