My Thoughts on The Dead Girl's Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book picked up right in the middle of the giant Cliffhanger at the end of Book 1, thank God! I hate to be left hanging like that for very long. But of course the end of this one leave you ready to pick up the next right away.

I like Claire, she's so smart. But I keep thinking that any moment she is going to come into some type of gift or power to help her stand up to the people that are constantly after her. I guess being smart is gher talent. But I do NOT like how she is so easily forgiving. I think everyone is always trying to use her or kill or beat her up, and then if they show the slightest kindness to her, even in just a fleeting glimpse, she is imediately simpathetic to their plot, or starts justifying why the acted so badly. She is definitely toughening up in the book, but she needs more backbone for herself.

I felt bad for Michael. He has a cool twist in the end, but feel bad that his path has never really been his own. And as much as I like Claire and Shane, to me there is something there between Claire and Michael. I know they both love other people, and seem totally committed there, but they have this connetion underlying. I can't decide if it's just friendly or brotherly or more...

This books starts to give you a glimpse into these characters, making me, the reader feel more connected to them a bit more. But I think the author could have tamed down the action-or spread it out a bit more. It was constant from one thing to he next, and she could have spent more time builing a bit more on the character development in between.

Overall, loved it, and it left me glad the series is mostly out, so I could drift imediately into the next one.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment