Taking a bath = sending out a "find me" beacon

Today was a bit more of the same from yesterday. I can hardly walk. I actually, with Brad's advise, did NOT work out today. I am so gun-ho on getting this program started and trying to make and see some physical changes, I think I am over-doing it. I wanted to cry when I spilt coffee down my t-shirt this morning before work, at the thought of having to change clothes. Lifting my arms to pull the shirt off seemed to painful, so instead I threw a jacket on, decided I work at a 'rock yard' and said 'screw it!' I told the people at work today, not to expect me to pick up anything I may drop, they could either help me out and pick it up, or leave it and I'd get it tomorrow. And that I was only making a select number of trips up or down the stairs, and that those trip would mainly be driven by A) a need to use the potty or B) a time to go home for the day.

Then I about fell out of my car at the gas station. I think the guy in the car next to me probably thought I was drunk and turned in my license plate. I had been sitting in the warm car, with heated seat on HIGH, yeah baby! while my girls were at piano lessons for an hour, finishing a book of course. But after I whipped in to the Conoco for fuel, threw my car door open as usual, credit card in hand and I almost completely dived head first out of the car. My brain working way faster and more smoothly than my legs ( think they were locked up from the no-movement, sitting on heat thing) . Anyway, I tried to do this big grab on to the door, thing. But lets just say my middle name is definitely NOT Grace.

So at home (my husband had a work meeting tonight) it's me, kids, dinner out, feed the dog and head straight for the bath tub. And I am not sure why or how this phenomenon works, but somehow the second I close the door to the bath, sink into the water, stretch out, close my eyes...WHAM... MOM! Any regular moment if I am not in the bathroom, they can be completely busy not even noticing me, but the second they realize I am in the tub, everyone needs a snack, spilled pop on the floor, arguing with each other, or just want to come in and hang out. Actually something similar to this happens when I pick up the phone too.

Don't get me wrong, it's life, its crazy, sometimes your legs hurt and you can't lift your arms above your head, but I wouldn't miss a moment of them coming to tell me that they did something wild or messy while I'm taking a bath. OK, well maybe I'd be alright to miss about 10 minutes of that moment, but right now it's 15 minutes till 9:00pm, bed time. I've got a new book, just released this week Radiant Shadows, waiting for me. So it'll be me, a tall Vodka Lemonade, a Twix candy bar I bought at the gas station (a reward for making it out of the car alive), and the Faery in my book.

Here's a teaser from the back of the book:

Then, he reminded her of the faeries who walked through courts and crowd confident that they could slaughter everyone in the room... Like chaos in a cage.

Wow... what a visual... cool... cool... can't wait!

1 comments:

Molly said...

I love all the posts...fun to read...I hate that feeling of being so sore!!! I feel that way by the end of the day these days just being pregnant...it sucks! I miss you guys and can't wait for a visit:)

Post a Comment