Ahhh, it was a nice weekend overall. It's that part of the spring season right before it gets really nice and warm outside. And since I'm NOT dieing to be outside all of the time quite yet. It seemed like a good weekend to catch up on cleaning and to-do projects around our place. Get'em done before I definitely don't want to be inside anymore. And honestly it was pretty nice out, but pretty cold with wind and a cloud burst here and there. So, it was me and the closets.
Our basic weekend line-up?? Kids had a birthday party, I went to used book fair, Brad worked on sailboat, laundry, laundry, laundry, and some major closet cleaning. Which, I am sad to report, is no where close to being finished. Why is it that I wait all year to do this project. If I was smart, which I apparently am NOT, I would do a closet or set of cabinets each month. Then I'd be caught up all the time.... but alas, I cannot seem to follow this regimen. We did go out to dinner and drinks Saturday night with 2 sets of couple friends of ours, and it was SUPER fun! I think we were still smiling about it the next day. It felt good to laugh so much.
But Monday comes, it's back to the grind, work, kids school, house, dog, groceries, errands, just stuff. But somehow I don't ever seem to get anything completely accomplished on Mondays. There's always extra meetings, people to talk to, running behind, some crisis, something. I have begun to look at Mondays as days I "just go in." I figure, "OK, I'm here, lay it on me, throw it at me, whatcha got. I'll plan to actually START work tomorrow."















1 comments:
Well said and totally agree. There's always tomorrow and eventually it's Saturday!
Post a Comment