There Will Be NO Witches in My Yard


I have been moping around about my garden this season so far. Usually, I am relentlessly pouring over garden catalogs and websites, planning my planting for the upcoming season. But this year... nothing... again my mind has been blank. Something that normally brings me waves of joy and contentment, so far hasn't brought me anything this year... not one single vibe. I even went so far as to tell Brad that, "maybe I won't plant my garden this year...?" He looked at me dumbfounded. Deep down inside I am sure there was cheering going on in his head. Thinking of the times I ask him for help out there or having to listen to me rant about the weeds or bugs that I am constantly battling. But the good husband in him, looked right back at me, and in a no-nonsense, completely Brad style, told me. "to put the my book down and get my ass to the nursery and smell the dirt and flowers."


Really this was maybe all the shove I needed. One step inside the greenhouse and for me its like that angelic choir music...AAAAHHHH (here your supposed to imagine the sound). Anyway, two separate nurseries and 3 hours later, I emerged and headed home, my car loaded up with fresh bags of dirt and enough flowers, vegetables and plants to stock my own personal greenhouse (but I'm not doing that... just garden and pots). But, even though my wallet was lighter and the car heavy with stuff the biggest thing I left with was my Inspiration... Found it!


And just a quick blurp, because one of my absolute favorite annual flowers are Yellow Snapdragons, here's a little something about them.


Snapdragon Lore: According to ancient accounts, it was believed that snapdragons had otherworldly powers that could offer protection from witchcraft. It was also believed that snapdragons could restore beauty and health to women.

0 comments:

Post a Comment