Full Circle

So today my good friend Molly A. had her baby, Margaret(Maggie) May. I am so excited for her and Rob and the new baby I can hardly stand myself. Lots of people have babies, even people I KNOW have babies, and rarely am I very emotional about it. I am excited for them and happy. But that's just how I am, kind of mellow, all the time. But this...this has me completely choked up. I can hardly tell someone that the baby was born today without getting that strange, glassy-eyed, voice catch, thing going on. And I'm not the only one. When I found out, I forwarded the message on to Brad today while he was working (thinking honestly, that I would just talk to him tonight about it after work), but not one minute after I hit 'send' my phone rang, it was him. We talked about it for a bit, and then I could hardly talk and said, "I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm pretty choked up about this." But he said, "I know, I'm totally choked up too."

She called me last night late, 10:30 or something. She was scheduled to go in this morning to be induced. But she was pretty freaked out. She was like, "Corie, tell me what I'm doing, tell me something great." I was thinking that, I too was scheduled to be induced with my first daughter, and it was nerve wracking to know your setting yourself up for something that is completely unknown and painful and scary. The best advise I could give her was to just stay at the hospital as long as possible. Let the professionals help you, try and relax at the hospital and rest. I remember thinking, almost 9 years ago, that I had to rush home and begin being a stellar mom. But I told her she has plenty of time to go home to life... dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc...It'll all still be there.

This whole event has come full circle for our family. See, Molly's mom used to babysit Brad when he was little. Then Molly and her sister were in Brad's sister's first wedding, as flower girls. Then at 13 Molly started babysitting for us, and has up until just a few months ago. In two months my girls will be flower girls in HER wedding. And now she has a new baby girl that my girls will probably babysit. Strange how life comes around. I've been super close to her since she started babysitting for us, she's been around us through our ups and downs and spent weeks at a time traveling with us. I used to tell her "hurry up and grow up, will you, so we can hang out." Honestly she has been more than just a babysitter or house sitter or even a friend. She's been like family (this coming from someone who was an only-child and who doesn't have a lot of family). Anyway, I'm not sure where this is going, but it's crazy... baby, marriage, college grad (soon) her new life totally starting ...weird, she totally grew up... Love ya Molly-Moo!

1 comments:

Molly said...

I love this and I am totally balling through it. I just love you guys, and can't believe how much we have been through, I still remember when we transformed from babysitter to friend, and when I would be out with you guys and you would go to introduce me it was hard to define my title, because babysitter is so distant. I just hope you all know how much you mean to me and I can't wait for you to all be at our wedding! Family is for sure and I wouldnt be the person I am if I hadn't had you all! I am still cracking up at the comment that laci made when we were at the shower, I told her to feel my belly, and she was like,"she is alive in there?!!" She always makes me laugh, and I can't wait for the new memories that we will all have together! Thanks for everything.

Post a Comment