Three Days to Dead by Kelly MedingMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This book was not what I was expected. I picked it up thinking paranormal-romance. It was definitely paranormal but the romance was just a hint of romantic flare. I felt that ALL of the Otherworld characters were a bit overwhelming. I was getting a bit confused by all of the gremlins, goblins, sprites, fairies, weres, trolls, vamps, cross-breeds and what have you. There was lots. The beginning, even though the reincarnation part was pretty interesting, the whole beginning story had me thinking Mission Impossible the Movie, part 1. There was lots of stabbing, biting, killing, torchering...ugh. In overall summary, I thought it was pretty good. I mad it all through, pretty quickly, but I think I was looking for something else when I picked it up. I'm on the fence about reading book 2 when it comes out this summer. See what reading mood I'm in when the time comes.
UPDATE--- I think I need to ammend my previous statement about this book. It's true that I was expecting PR when I picked this up. But I think later, the fault was mine for not paying better attention to what genre this was probably written for, Urban Fantasy, before I started to read it and have expectations at all. So for PR- I'd still say 3 stars, but for UF, probably a 4.
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment