
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and until last night I was gone. And obviously did not post. Guess I've been pretty inconsistent lately. Sorry. I didn't want to post that I was going to be gone before it happened. I figure its a safety thing for myself and our kids or home. You really never know who's reading this.
But Yeah Me! I went to Phoenix, Scottsdale actually with my husband. Just the two of us. We had tried to take some different friends with us thinking that would have been a hoot, and it would have. But honestly, we were both so mentally tapped from life, we might have been a bit lame to be around. So here's what our schedule looked like (nothing too grand, I am NOT the tourist type and that was not my purpose for this trip) ...it felt good...
- Friday Night- Fly in... find a sushi bar for dinner, collapse at resort
- Saturday- nice room service breakfast, then rented a private cabana at the pool, with personal waiter (splurge). Drank myself (ourselves I should say) into oblivion on some blue daily special drink all day. It was beautiful, 94 degrees, sunny, light breeze. Then we went to an AWESOME restaurant (more details to come). Came back to resort, more drinks at the hotel lounge bar...pass out for day.
- Sunday- sleep in late, room service again for breakfast, all day at pool (only minimal drinking involved--over did a bit day before). Drove to another resort in area for an excellent Sushi dinner. Back to room, pass out again.
- Monday-- sleep in late, again. yogurt smoothies and then the pool for 2 hours before we had to get ready to leave AZ. We were home, with kids by about 8:30 pm.
I did zero shopping or activities and it felt sooooo good. No schedule, no agenda you have no idea how badly I needed that. I read 3 books... It was heaven.
But I have to remark on the restaurant we ate at on Saturday night. It was this Hip-Swank place called Mastero's City Hall Steakhouse (I tried to put some pictures in here from the web page but couldn't get it to work. So link only). Let me tell you, it was probably some of the best food I have ever had. But maybe the most expensive as well. Drinks were $18 each and dinners, ala cart started at $45 per entree. Wowzers. And the place was packed. Hundreds, and hundreds of people, and it felt like it turned over several times while we were there.
The thing that got to me were the women there though. All young, long blond hair, tan, super thin, 5 in sandal heels, and short short skirts. Actually one girl I thought was really just wearing a shirt, or at least that is what I would have thought it was if I looked at it on a rack. At least 2 girls I could see their panties, and one I wasn't exactly sure what I was seeing... eeek. Even the older women looked hot too, but more in a classy-cougar-bling-bling sort of way. And it wasn't just about the girls. Don't get me wrong, the men there were all gorgeous too. Dressed hip, buff, tan, and even hair done. Complete eye candy. But in all of this gawking I did, it really just made me realize.... I'm a Mid-thirties- PTA- Soccer Mom- Hick. I was dressed fine to be there (no short skirt, and definitely NOT the heels (and that's because I only packed flip/flops for the whole trip- see?? I'm lame that way), but I am not sure I fit in. Brad was completely oblivious to my thinking of course, totally happy to be admiring the swarming eye candy everywhere. And I can't blame him, even I was impressed my these women. I texted one of my friends from the restaurant. She told me not to sweat it, not to feel inadequate, we're beautiful older women now. She said they're all probably 25 anyway. I hung up with her and agreed, they probably were, and then I thought, what's wrong with that? Remember when we looked like that? Partied into the night in a Swank-Bar/restaurant with gorgeous men all around, no cares, no stress.....rrch... probably not huh? Well, in my dreams maybe...But really I was thinking, holy cow, then I want to be 25 again!
We laughed when we gave the Valet at the restaurant the ticket for our car. I had rented cheap, as far as the car went, thinking I wasn't planning on leaving the resort the whole time I was there. I only needed to get from the airport to the Phoenician and then back again. But here we were in our white Toyota Corolla, compact car, next to the beautiful Jags, Porches', Hummers, BMW etc... funny.















0 comments:
Post a Comment