My Thoughts on Burned

Burned (House of Night, #7)Burned by P.C. Cast

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So the last line of this book made me laugh... "...this is only the beginning.." OK I am thinking this is book #7 already and it is "only the beginning" funny.

I think this was a bit of a 'wrap-up' book. The last one left us on such a cliffhanger. This one, to me, was mainly everyone scrambling to 'fix' what happened at the end of #6. And at first, I did not love the writing style, the book slips into the thoughts of 7 (I think- could be someone I'm forgetting) different character/narrators. So in the beginning I was thinking the authors were cheating in telling their story by doing this. But later I guess I was thinking, everyone was really acting so independantly and so scattered, maybe this was the only way to achieve jumping around everywhere. And still my same pet peeve from the prior books, yes we are now 7 books in and I think the whole story has only progressed a few months.

Regardless, I did really like this one. Stevie Rae and Rephiam have moved into my new favorites position for these characters. And I was WOWed by Stark and how he 'maned-up' for this one. Go Stark. I was glad to narrow Zoey down a bit in her harem of boyfriends, though that process was a bit sad when it came right down to it. I have this sneaking suspicion that Heath could 'come back' later... We'll see.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment