My daughter is super good at the techy stuff. I am not exactly how much she learns about it at school in the computer lab or at home. But already at age 8 almost 9 she totally gets the computer. Even my new cell phone. It's a Droid and it's all touch. Immediately she could pick it up do almost everything on it. It's crazy to feel like I have to have parental safety on everything already, but she is constantly on YouTube and Googling things. With my mother-in-law's help, we got both of our girls a computer when they each turned six. Just an inexpensive emachine. But it was so they could do the different learning math and reading games. But eventually it moved into Disney.com then a little YouTube and Google. But mostly it's still just those fishing number games, etc that were sites that their school teachers recommended. Maddi, inspired I think a little, by my new blog, is keeping a journal of cool things that happen to her or songs that she is writing, on her computer. Not daily, but a few times a week. Anyway, it's cool. But still I think I have to keep an eye on her stuff.
But last night, she was playing with my phone, and I wasn't really paying attention. Later I needed my phone for something and the Google searches she had been doing were still up on the screen. OK, she had 3 questions that she had apparently asked the all knowing google.com. They struck me dumbfounded for a moment. Really not sure what to think or even say to her. I still don't know what I think, and none of them are bad questions. It's just interesting how kids think or what they are wondering. Here they are:
Are Avatars real?
Are Vampires real?
How many dogs are there in the world?















0 comments:
Post a Comment