My Thoughts on Sex, Lies & Vampires

Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones, #3)Sex, Lies and Vampires by Katie MacAlister

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The characters in this one had me totally smiling while reading this. The main gal, Nell, was so funny and determined from the moment she finds out she is the "Beloved" to save Adrian's soul. Tackling him, attacking him, "let me save you." Whether he wants it or not. And for Adrian, he just kept going on and on about how he was "The Betrayer," everyone fears me, trembles at my presence, I am so tough. Then he would constantly do the right thing and be a nice guy over and over, while constantly saying how bad he was.. Just made me laugh, as per usual with one of KM's books.

The ending of this one however, I felt was, just ..meh...But it just kind of ended with Saer, and the demon lord, after so much build up, and after several hundred years of being a bad guy, poof... he's good now, everyone's cool, hey he's got a house they can live at, has a son, is a good dad to the son, everythings good... day over. And Sebastian, he's there, he's mad, but pretty ineffective. And then just missing from the final wrap up. Hmmf...I just didn't dig the ending and felt there could have been more.

But either way, I still love her books. And I'll keep reading them.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment