My Thoughts on Infinity

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So I say 5 stars for this new YA Book Series. Move over Percy Jackson, there's a new type of Half-breed in town. He's got a big-bad Daddy too, more powers than he even has a clue about, fights demons, zombies and bullies at school. I would say that it was not intricately written or super deep. But I thought it was everything I was expecting from a YA Novel and from the perspective (mostly) of a 14 year old boy. I thought his thoughts, reactions and sarcasm felt believable. This was super easy too read with easy to get characters and simple dialogue.

I think it's way cool that this author has tied together her Adult Dark Hunter Series of books to this younger genre series as the adults' prequel, keeping characters, mythology, supernatural all consistent.

And when I finished it, I had to go back and reread the first 2 pages, where Nick is talking to the readers before he tells his story. That little blurp meant way more after the book was finished, and left so much more to tell. Can't wait for the next of this series, I guess poor Nick has 9 tasks to accomplish so we'll be with him for a while. I'm glad.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment