A new addition to the family sailors


Now that Maddi is 8, actually she'll be 9 in September, but once she turned 8 years old, she was eligible to take sailing lessons at the NFYC in Somers, MT. So here we go, this week was the first lessons. These pictures were from the first day on Tuesday. These are little Optimus boats. And she was thrilled that there was another little girl there that she already knew... She loves her teacher, Scott (that's really all I know about him) he was super quiet around Brad and I, but I could see when I was watching from a distance that he was really good with the kids, joking around and having fun.

Today was the Swim Test. The kids were going to have to swim 150 feet (with life jackets on) out in the lake. Normally, not such a big deal really, but hello... the lake is like 55* right now. So actually, I was a bit concerned about Maddi, thinking that she would just get too cold and get half way and just want to quit. But I told her, if she didn't make the test, they wouldn't let her be in the lessons... So today, Yeah Maddi... she passed. Though she said she was completely numb and had a headache when she was done!

Lessons are 3 days a week for almost 3 hours and then at the end of the season there will be a Regatta.. She loves it and is SOOOOO excited. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post as time goes.




Oh, and Laci, not to be left out sits and plays on the shore during the lessons with our dog, Kenya. Couldn't not have a picture of her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment