I think it is so cool to know you have friends, and now matter how far away they live or how seldom you see them, when you do, it's like you pick up exactly where you left off the last time you saw them. My husband seems to have more of these types of friends than I do, and I definitely have a few that fall into this category. But maybe it's just a guy thing, I think, they don't seem to carry the baggage or sit and wonder.. "Gee, I haven't heard from 'Bob' in a few days? Wonder if there's something wrong? Wonder if he's mad at me?" Girls do that. Guys don't. Men just run into their friend after a while:
"Hey how have you been?"
"Fine. You?"
"Good. Wanna get a beer?"
"Sure."
....... And that's the end of the catch up.
So this weekend we had some friends come into town for a soccer tournament for their daughter. They live in Hayden, ID. A place actually not very far away, really. But somehow in spite of the only 3 1/2 hours distance, we hardly see them. Our schedules just don't seem to jive. He is a Veterinarian with his own practice, and she is an active mom with their kids' school and has her own personal gardening service. They have 2 kids, that are the same age as ours, and they all get along great. I love hanging out with them because we talk animals and gardens, two of my favorite things. Anyway. It was fun to see them again, it had that 'instant-catch-up' thing going, so that was nice. And we left saying we should do it again soon, and not wait so long in between. But knowing it probably will still be a while again.
I thought I'd post this picture of Brad and his 3 college room mates (Frank from this weekend is included) from our Wedding. Oh my, they all look so young, but OK this was 13 years ago. Wowzers. This pic has always just made me smile. Something about guys, friends, glory days, musketeers, I don't know, I just like it.
From Left to Right (Jeremy, Brad, Frank & Dave)
















0 comments:
Post a Comment