My Thoughts on Ruined: A Ghost Story

Ruined: A Ghost StoryRuined: A Ghost Story by Paula Morris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So I've read 47 books in the last 5 months and this book is one of 4 that are actually "stand alone" (not part of a series) books. Honestly it was strange and refreshing, to read one that began and then ended, with no hint of or need for continuation.

Though the story was enjoyable, and really I loved the New Orleans history and descriptions, I felt this book was super predictable. It was easy to guess what was going to happen , well before it did. And the end left a lot to be desired for me. I was expecting more from either the ghost (Lisette) or Anton, he was really disappointing and lame. But maybe that is how things go sometimes, everyone doesn't always do the right thing, or act the right way, or have some dramatic, heroic finish.

In the end, I liked it, would recommend it, but just don't expect a lot. Consider it light reading.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment