School is out for us finally. We were the last school in our area to get out, this last Friday the 11th. But honestly, it wasn't so bad, as the weather had been doing nothing but raining and cold for continually for most of the last 2 weeks prior. So it wasn't like there was anything exciting to be home for. But Friday, the sun came out, it warmed up, and has been nice all weekend. Feels like summer.
Friday night the girls and I had to go to Target to grab a birthday gift for a party on Saturday that one of them was going to. While there, I told them they could each get a new book if they wanted. Laci immediately went to the Fancy Nancy books and then Maddi was in search for something that was a mystery or scarry, she said. I had tried to talk her into another Judy Moody book or Ivy and Bean, but she said no. In the end, we got Laci the Fancy Nancy at the Museum and Maddi got Scream Street #1, Fang of the Vampire (there were a couple of boys there looking at those same books and some called Goosebumps, telling her how great they are. So that was it for her, no Judy Moody or Junie B, Scream Street all the way.
In the car on the way home, both the girls were already reading their new books, and Maddi was telling me all about hers. I told her I was surprised that she wanted a book like that. She proceeded to tell me, "That don't you know mom? I' not a 'girly-girl' like Laci, I'm a tomboy. I just found out last week. My friend at school told me that."
Okay...... well, duh, what was I thinking I guess















0 comments:
Post a Comment