Last night, my kids had a sleepover with their Grammy, Brad was still traveling home from Oklahoma, so I gratefully snuck out to run some errands, grab a bite of dinner and just basically dink around town by myself. Of course I made time to sneak into the book store. There was a set of books I had decided I could not be without, so thought I'd see if they were in stock.
One of my favorite things are bookmarks. After finding my books, I went to get in line and stood there flipping through all the cool bookmarks. Clips, tags, thongs, bands... love 'em all. One of my friends (JW) that also loves to read, more than me probably as she has made it her passion and her career, recently posted the question to her readers on her book blog (here) asking her fellow readers what types of bookmarks do they prefer, or do they dog ear or what. My answer is hands down, book bands. Especially the ones that are beaded with charms and look like bracelets or pretty jewelry. They stay in place and don't move. I used to LOVE all sorts of marks and clips, but now that I have kids, and this used to happen more when they were younger, but they, no matter what, always seem to be fascinated that something cool is hanging out of a book and then they grab it. Ugh! I have lost so many and my place because of these culprits. Too much to count. And I think this is something that ALL kids will do. Case in point, we were on our sailboat a week ago with some friends that were in town. Brad has a book that he has actually been reading periodically, stashed for himself on his shelf on the boat. It has a cute Surfboard bookmark marking his spot. I saw that sitting there and thought to myself..."no way that stays." Sure enough one of our friends' kids saw it, pulled it out. Knew it would happen! This is absolutely NO big deal, AP if you are reading this, I am simply pointing this out because it is a phenomena that seems to happen regardless of what family these kids are in, who they belong to, mine have done this and are still doing it. All children are susseptible! No child (under the age of 9) can walk by a bookmark and resist the pull of a bookmark peaking out of a book. Thet cannot, NOT pull on it. I think they are like some sort of mind candy. That are like a toy or prize waiting to happen and all we need to do is pull......
ANYWAY, I am completely off track.. rambling. Me.. the bookstore.. Monday night... Inevitably I bought a new book BAND. A cool one with magnets that attach and fit together like a puzzle. Funny how the silly little things, sometimes I enjoy the most.
I thought here I'd post a pic of some of my favorite reading tools. My super cool book bag (I had to have this silly thing, coveted it for months, actually bought it as a gift for someone else and gave them one, but went back to the store and decided I had to have it too), my Kindle, my favorite coffee/tea mug to drink from while reading, and 3 books showing my book-bands on them.
So there you go... more random stuff.
Current Background Noise: Monster Fish- on Discovery I think















0 comments:
Post a Comment