Plan on being late


I recently purchased a 'Belated Birthday' card for someone, who obviously just had a birthday that I'd missed. Birthdays are NOT my strong suit. I'm way better at various types of lists and organization and detail work, even at Christmas and Halloween or Easter... But Birthdays'... not so much! And it is not that I don't actually remember them, it is usually that I have just put off doing anything about them, and I end up running around at the last minute scrambling to purchase a gift. Sometimes there are even things, a gift that I think ahead, to myself, that I will plan to get for a particular person. Order it online or whatever. But that takes some early planning for the shipping. But then even though I've pre-thought about it, somehow I still don't manage to get it done.


So the other day, I was purchasing this Belated card, and I thought, "What the heck, I'm going to buy a whole stack of Belated Cards... I was planning ahead." But today while I was filing these new cards in my drawer- right next to the spare regular Birthday Cards I keep in there, I got to thinking about the irony of planning ahead to procrastinate....Something about that just doesn't seem right. But at least I'm prepared.

0 comments:

Post a Comment