Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn KenyonMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Another great SK book. I would say almost 4 stars, 3.75. I might have been a bit tainted from book #4, Dance With The Devil. Anything afer Zarek's story, had big shoes to fill. His story, Dark-Hunter Book #4 was go good and had so much emotion, that anything following it, would have had to be completely spectacular, and this book for me just wasn't near as good. I hate that I am comparing book 4 to book 5, but I can't help it. Though Wulf's situations and history were by no means ideal, Zarek's had my heart-twisting and breaking for him all through out. But I still really enjoyed this one.
Cassandra did, however, have my complete empathy. I cannot imagine the feeling of knowing you are going to die on a specific day. How do you prepare for that day? What do you want to say, or see, or accomplish, or leave behind? And then there would be this part of you that would also think what's the point? Why drag out the inevitable, as it only gets harder for everyone involved as the time continues...All tough thoughts.
The reason I am not going the full 4 stars is because I felt the ending was a bit "meh" for me. I thought it could have been this big dramatic, heart-wrenching conclusion, and I thought for sure it was going to be coming. But in the end, no, just a nice satisfying one. And I'm still good with that. I just felt SK could have really made a 'wow' ending, and didn't.
I love the connection to the other Hunters and characters that seems to meander through these stories. They're all interconnected by this thin thread, and I love that. I'm glad to have a glimpse reminder of the other Hunters and heroines that I've already read about. I see the next book is a Were-Hunter book. I'm kindof psyched about that, because I guess I don't totally get them and their purpose and who manages them... So I guess I'll find out.
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment