My Thoughts on Carpe Corpus

Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books are so fun to read. Fast and entertaining and pretty short. Actually I wish they were a bit longer. I think the author could spend more time with the characters and their development as well as the various relationships. I think then we'd be more shocked or devestated when she throws something bad at Claire and her friends, or kills someone off, which is, oh, by-the-way...all the time.

Finally Claire and Shane are at a 'new' level in their relationship, but I have to admit it was a bit disapointing getting to it. And Michael truely now seems to be only friendly or brotherly with her. I was always getting this underlying strange energy between the two of them. But not in this #6 installment...just friends.

Amelie was again a big disapointment as a leader. But that is true of most leaders maybe. We build them up to great, all knowing and powerful. But in the end, they don't know all the answers, are vulnerable on some level and really 'just human.' Or in this case, should I say 'just vampire?'

Myrnin, is hands down, my FAVORITE character in these books. I love love love him, and can't wait to see what strange roll he plays in the next.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment