January is always my busiest time of year at work, and with the slower winter months reducing business for the season, I am usually operating in complete out of body stress mode. SO guess what? Its 2/3 the way through January and I'm there. My brain is totally gone at this point. Our business has 5 sub businesses, so they all need year end info done, 6 tax returns (not counting personal stuff), and now we've added a 7th business entity... more details... ugh.
It used to be, when I was stressed out, I would jump in and 'get it done'... what ever needed tackling, Id just hit it dead on and get to it. But now, not so much. Now the more I have to do, it seems the less I actually do. Hopefully it just a faze. But there you go. I've been reading a lot, I think it is my own personal metal escape. But the bad thing is then I completely ignore everything else when I'm reading. But since January 1st I've now read 7 books... I finally got around to talking that damn Christmas tree down this weekend. I'd been putting it off, for lack of motivation. But I was sick of thinking that it looked like Christmas had thrown up on our house. So Friday night, I tackled the tree. And good riddance! It was so dry and crispy, most all of the needles just fell off of their own accord, almost like it was trying to take itself down, get itself out of the building, tired of waiting for me.
Anyway... it's all good, I'm just crazy right now! This too will pass...
A Stress Poem to relate to my life.
In Love with Stress
by
Michael J. Burt
stress, stress, and more stress
i think i might be in love with stress
or stress is in love with me
stress always seems to find me
relocate to be with me
and send me
straight over the top
every circumstance brings stress
and when you let it in, it won't leave
stress is in love with me
i want to get everything done
and stress is in my way
over here and over there,
sending my pressure higher
causing me more despair
stress, stress, and more stress
i think stress is in love with me
all day at work,
teasing and pleading
asking and begging
let me in, let me in
my stomach is in knots
my fingernails are low
my heart can't take it anymore
i think i'm in love with stress
can't eat, can't sleep
trying to get over you,
but i can't, i won't
and the medicine won't help me
stress, stress, and more stress
i think i'm in love with stress,
or stress is in love with me
















0 comments:
Post a Comment