New Plan...Be Better



The actual New Year clicked over about a week ago, but it has been days that I‘ve been mulling over my goals for myself for this next year. Things I’d like to change. Things I wish I did. Things I wish I didn’t. Things I’d like to do.


I’m really big on always following through on something once I’ve ‘said’ I would do it or committed to it. I know that I physically or even mentally can’t always do what I set out to. And some times, whatever ‘it’ is, I can get it done, but not always in the time frame I am wanting. What can I say? Not superhuman, just mortal here. But I always want to make the effort. And sometimes the best way to get myself to get something done is to write it down. Once I’ve said it or written it down, and other people have witnessed it. It becomes very real for me… Instant accountability.


So, in light of that big explanation, I am now going to list some of the things I’d like to do this year, 2011, no particular order of timing or importance. Just stuff. One good thing about blogging, or writing in a diary or something. Now there’s a record. So I’ll see twelve months from now where I’m at. Hopefully I get to scratch some off, but realistically I am sure some will roll over onto the next year, and some will change for whatever reason I don’t know about yet.


HEALTH
1. Weight- of course I’d like to lose 20 lbs. Back to fightn weight you know. High school reunion coming this summer and all
2. Take vitamins everyday… That should be a no brainer
3. Exercise (of some sort) 4 times a week


MENTAL
1. Take 2 more college courses in the next 12 months
2. Finish my Manuscript- 80,000, plus at least 3 revisions
3. Post a review on EVERY book I finish. Even if it’s just a blurp. -When I updated my blog at the beginning of the year, there were 16 books I didn’t write down my thoughts on, and now looking back I hate that. Because actually reading the volume of stuff I have been I sometimes forget a bit or they blur together. And when I post something… anything…. It all comes back when I read it.


HOME
1. Clean one closet, drawer, cabinet or shelf every week. - If I can do that, I think I will make it through most of the house in a year and be able to kind of keep them up.
2. Plant my garden again this year- Last summer was the first year I have NOT had a garden in 13 years straight. I thought I was giving myself a break, but I actually think in some ways it did more harm to me mentally. The garden has always been an oasis for me. But last summer… no garden… no oasis.


ENTERTAINMENT
1. Read 90 books. - Last year I read 85 (that I finished), I feel like that will be a slightly ‘up’ goal.
2. More group activities with my husband and kids- ski, sail, bowling, whatever
3. TV- Watch all of the episodes Super Natural that I haven’t seen yet- I’m currently only finishing up on Season 2
4. Blog at least 3 times a week- not counting book reviews. That would be at least 150 regular posts.


Ok, well that’s it. No small feat I know. Fingers crossed. Here I go…

CBN: Super Natural (on DVD-Season 2, Disc 4) … of course. I’ve got goals to make!

1 comments:

Jana said...

Good goals! I know that you can read more than 85 books, I would have thought you did that last year! And SUPERNATURAL! Good for you! Let me know if you want to borrow any of my DVDs because I have all 5 seasons!

Post a Comment