My Thoughts on Blood Trinity

Blood TrinityBlood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this up on a day I was randomly roaming the isles of Borders one afternoon while waiting to pick my kids up from something or other. If you're anything like me, you already have 30 other books lined up on your shelf at home just waiting for you to open their cover. But I had time to kill and felt like browsing.

This book immediately stood out to me with Sherrilyn Kenyon's name in large print on the top. I saw that she'd written it with another author, Diana Love, but I love, love, love SK's stuff always and decided I couldn't go wrong. After I arrived home I threw all the other books aside and peeled open the awesome cover (am such a huge sucker for cover art).

This was no light read either. 519 pages is quite a commitment? And the story was somewhat complicated. Or at least it was that way because this was an entirely NEW type of Paranormal. All new types of creatures. Beladors and Kujoo and different gods I'd never heard of. That's right, it's not the normal, easy to understand Vamps or Shifters, it's all new. Although it is set in Altlana, GA, the authors needed to spend a lot of time explainging this 'world' that is hidden in our world, and the types of powers these people have and their history, etc...So it took quite a few pages (over 250) I think before I felt so committed that there would be no turning back for me or putting it down.

The main character, Evalle, a strange name -pronounced Evil I think, but short for E Valerie-just another complication. But strange name aside, she was great and I really liked her. So self assured and independant. Quinn and Tzader were awesome, and I guess I pictured them to be the hot brothers she'd never had growing up. But I will say.. Why have a name spelled Tzader if the 'T' is silent??? Because it looks cool?? I thought her little 'pet' was very clever and I totally enjoyed the parts iwth him in it. But I won't say what it is, because it is so unique you'll have to read it to find out. I fell in love with Storm, I was hoping that relationship was going to go further in this book. There were a few subplots that I thought could have skipped. I get that she had a bad experience with a doctor growing up, and that that makes her leery of men now, but I felt like it was just trickled in there, like "Oh we need to remember something here to explain why she can't be with Storm completely." I wanted to know more about how she grew up and the 'Aunt' that raised her.

After the first half, the rest just zoomed by and I really enjoyed the story. I actually hope it isn't too long between this first book and the next. Now that the story is layed down, I got it and am ready for more. But, I am not sure how long I will retain all of the unusual details of this first one if it goes out further than a year or so between books. I would hate to be a bit lost again through the beginning of the 2nd book.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment