Crescendo by Becca FitzpatrickMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is a soft 3 stars for me. I have waited to blurp this book, because I was afraid if I did it right when I finished, it would not have been all that pleasant.
Though this second book in the series was much anticipated for me just like everyone else that has read Hush, Hush, in many ways I felt it fell short. I am going to try NOT to spoiler this, because everyone should have the chance to read it on their own and decide, but I will say the few things that had me shaking my head.
First, and this is actually not the book's fault, it has been about a year since the release of the first book and when I read it, and I found myself trying to remember the details of how the first one ended and what the link was between, fallen angels, angels, humans, half-humans and half-human offspring... Who had powers? Who didn't? Who's evil? Who isn't? And someone please tell me again why everyone always wants to kill Nora? I was a bit confused several times, but that could have been my own fault.
The biggest drag for me in this one was actually Nora. I felt like she was sooo jealous and sooo caddy, I could hardly stand her. Patch was the only redeeming character in this novel. He had WAY to much patience to put up with her insecure ways, granted, he was a bit shy on the details sometimes, but always for the greater good, and she could never seem to get that. I was amazed he still likes her.
The ending left me totally dazed. I can't say too much or it will give it away. But was all this big rush of, "Oh your actually the bad guy! Oh- you're NOT the bad guy! Oh-I'm not jealous anymore! Twist here, twist there! We're related! We're not related! (and my favorite subplot)Oh- I have a job- that I went to once, and now apparently don't need afterall! Another twist here, twist there! And opps, I'm in another pickle!...."
So there you go.















0 comments:
Post a Comment