Finding my "happy place"


In the summer, finding that peaceful place where I let my mind escape the madness of my life is pretty easy. On any given day, if we're not at the lake, you can find me in my garden in my yard- picking, weeding or just looking at it. If I'm not there when you've come looking for me, then I'm probably sitting in my swing on my deck, gliding back and forth reading a book.

Today was kind of a bad (I mean super-stressful) day for me work, and tonight, just getting home at 8:00pm, and feeling mental and wiped-out, I am missing my normal personal escape places. But there is one place I love in the winter, and it is only available to me for one month a year, the couch in front of my Christmas tree. Each year we decorate a sixteen foot tree with only white or silver ornaments. I think it's beautiful! I turn off all the lights in the house -if someone wants to see something else, too bad- they can turn on a nightlight or go downstairs- I'm basking in our Christmas tree glow...Damn it!


I did get to thinking though... so we've lived in our house since May 1998 when we built it. That's almost 13 years. And if we have our Christmas tree up for about a month each year, does that mean in my house, we have had a whole year of Christmas? Strange to think about.
These were two pics of parts of my Tree by the way, thought I'd share...


CBN: Barbie Christmas Carol (DVD)

0 comments:

Post a Comment