10 Ways to Kill a Zombie

My friend JW has several blog pages that she keeps up. I pretty regularly follow two of them. One is mostly updated and randomness of her life and family, but the other(click here to check it out) is strictly related to books. Mainly YA, Tween and sometime younger children's literature. Several weeks ago, maybe around the first part of November she hosted a "Zombie Week" on her blog. All week posting reviews of Zombie related 'stuff' and then had 2 giveaways available for her readers to sign up. Which, of course, as a friend, and a committed reader, I did sign up.

And Holy Sh--! She called me after and told me I'd won one of her packets. I just met up with her last week to collect my goodies, and was sooooo excited.
Not the greatest picture, as it was taken with my cell phone, but here is my pile of winnings. I can't wait to read the Book, Rot & Ruin by Johnathan Maberry. I love the cover (an I am a huge sucker for cover-art . She loved it of course and thought it was great. Goodreads.com rates it 4.28, which is an awesome rating, if you're not a member and don't know the verbiage... Though the premise of this book is apparently based around Zombies, the story is more of a study in humanity. Quoting the inside flap:

" In the Zombie infested world Benny has grown up in, teenagers must work once they turn fifteen- or they'll loose their rations. Benny isn't interested in taking on the family business, but he reluctantly agrees to train as a zombie killer with his boring big brother, Tom. He expects a dull job, whacking Zombies for cash. What he discovers is a vocation that will teach him what it really means to be human.

As his worldview is challenged again and again by the lessons he learns from Tom, Benny is forced to confront another horrifying reality: Sometimes the most terrible monsters are human."

What an awesome teaser! All I can say is --Be prepared my book club friends, I think this is my pic of a book to throw in the pot next week!--

Anyway, in anticipation of my future 'good' read, I am leaving you with what I have learned are 10 ways to kill a Zombie ( I actually googled this question and tons of sites came up with lists of how to do it. At least now we'll all be prepared.... My favorite is #7- it definitely seems practical with all of the holiday cooking I plan on doing, just in case I am jumped by one of the undead while creaming the sugar into the butter...

10 Ways to Kill a Zombie

10. Crow bar to the skull --(You know, I don't know what ELSE you'd even use a crow bar for besides killing Zombies or pulling up wood planks--- that's actually all I can think of.)

9. Drop an Egyptian Obelisk on them -- (In case you're attacked at the Smithsonian)

8. Light the Zombie on fire-- (Any one got a light?)

7. Smash its head in a convection oven-- (My Fav & Most practical in the Holiday Season)

6. Run it over with a car-- (You know if you're undead and you're in the road, you're fair game. I say each one is good for 25 points... easy!)

5. .308 Winchester to the head -- (I'm not usually 'packing' so this one is hard for me ;o) )

4. Chain Saw-- (Messy, but effective, I'm sure)

3. Starve the Zombies out --(This would take WAY too long, I can't believe it's #3?!??)

2. Trap the Zombie in a pit of concrete-- (If I could just lure them to the highway construction, maybe that would work. But I'd already be in my car, so doesn't #6 apply anyway?)

1. Put the zombie through a wood chipper --( Okay, wow! that would do it, and if you timed it say around a holiday like New Years Eve, you'd have homemade Zombie Confetti to celebrate that magical hour with...

Happy Zombie Hunting!


CBN: Sonny With a Chance on Disney Channel

0 comments:

Post a Comment