Glass Houses by Rachel CaineMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
ok, finally a book where vampires are NOT the hot, sexy, suave creatures of many other paranormal books out right now. These ones are scarry (not Stephen King scarry, as this is only a YA book), but still hunt you down, follow you home, hiding in the dark, kill you scarry. I liked this, it was a refreshing change from the more common types of paranoral books out there right now with the Vamps.
I liked Claire and her being young and smart made her more endearing. She is all 'brains' and I found that to be a bit of a downer sometimes. Everyone, human and not human, are after her and she gets beat up a lot. And I found myself wishing she could fight back a bit or even feel anger or hatred toward the people that do these horrible things to her. She doesn't really though, she just seems to accept being beaten or bullied as whatever.
So good book, I liked Michael Glass... his situation is unique, it will be interesting. Shane and Eve, they're great. This book ended during the middle of a giant climatic scene. So I say ugh... with another cliffhanger. Guess I'm in for Book #2 to find out what happened, but don't like being tricked in to reading it. I would have read it anyway.
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment