It Sprang This Weekend

So, Finally... It's Spring, as of a few days ago. And let me tell you I am thrilled. I am not one of those people that the winter usually affects to terribly much. But, this year, with our super dry winter, everything has just been brown and dragging on. In fact, Feb 5th I decided to boycott Winter altogether, by refusing to wear closed-toed shoes (other than the occasional tennis shoe). So that's right, I've been in flip-flops since Feb. There's definitely been some cold days, so cold even, I put a little heater under my desk at work to warm my tootsies up. And one good thing has been that it has forced me to be constantly rockin a pedicure. And that always make me feel good, pretty painted toes, no matter what the weather.

I have seen the Robins around my yard for about 2 weeks now. And I always gauge the season change by the Robins. When they arrive, it is Spring, when they leave it's winter. Though, I do catch myself wondering where they actually go? They seem like such a small bird to fly very far south. Oh, well, a question for another day.

Anyway, this time of year I find myself pouring over the Spring Gardening catalogs that come almost daily in the mail. I am always in a big debate with myself over what to plant from year to year. Somehow each year, I do a few less vegetables and more flowers. I have included in this post two pictures of my garden. One from Saturday, the first day of Sping. And the other from sometime last Summer. The vibrant color changes from season to season in my yard is amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment