I guess I've done it. I have officially started myself a blog page. I struggled with this for quite some time now. Any of you reading this (if there is even anyone...) may wonder why I even started doing this. What is the point???
Well, I know that I do not have a huge audience that I am trying to target, nor do I have an agenda or views to put out there in cyberspace. Mainly I am doing this to help myself in my personal writing skills. Friends and family that know me, will know that I took a novel writing class this Fall 2009, with my secret hopes of someday to finish writing the manuscript I have started. Though my professor had warned us profusely about the perrils of posting anything personal about ourselves on the internet --(wow, that sounded like a tongue-twister! Say that 3 times fast... " professor profusely says perils of posting personal; professor profusely says perils of posting personal; professor profusely says perils of posting personal")--, the fact that anyone could look you up and what you say will be "out there" forever, for someone to dig-up and hash out against you later at any time, I am going to ignor this advise and take my chances. With hopes that I will be a better writer by making my self practice to write daily/ weekly or whatever, whenever, something is going on. I am hoping this will help me pay attention to the details around me and to better articulate life as I observe it... or it happens. And as for the name of the blog, " A Series of Random Events..." well, that's my life!
So if you're friend, family, or foe (I hope not!) be prepared, I am planning to post whatever comes up. Thoughts, ideas, plans, pictures, books (that's a big hobby of mine so get used to it), whatever comes up, I'll try to update. Oh, and please feel free to comment. Good, bad or in the middle... I would love that.















0 comments:
Post a Comment