My Thoughts on Soulless

Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would like to say 4 stars like so many of my friends on this book, but just can't. I have 4 stars on so many other GREAT books, it wouldn't be fair for me to put this book in with those. It was so slow for me to get into, I struggled to get through it until almost the end. I felt like I kept tripping over all the $10 words the author kept throwing in, it was distracting for me.

I didn't feel until maybe the last 100 pages that I didn't want to put the story down because I was so consumed by the plot or what was going to happen. The fist 250 pages were interesting and the interaction with Miss Taribotti and Lord Maccon was cute, but not gripping.

Overall, cute I guess I would say. I added the next in the series to my list Changeless hoping that maybe the 2nd book will better.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment