Dead and Gone by Charlaine HarrisMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I like this one, just as much as the others, of course, and am now anxiously awaiting the next book with everyone else. I totally did NOT see the "pledging" thing coming with Eric. I can't decide if he is just always taking an oportunity to his advantage or if he has this all planned out. I am a bit confused on the blood thing with Sookie and Eric. In the first books, she became stronger, healed better and more intune with agility, speed and flexibility. But now think that is not showing up. The more Vamp blood she has, it does not seem to be helping her in being attacked or to defend herself. It is helping her heal right after something hurts her, right when he gives it to her, but doesn't seem to last. And am wondering, why with all of this blood-exchange going on, she is not becoming MORE vampire-like?
I am completely tired of Bill. But now in the end he is redeeming his prior bad behavior, and I'm trying to still stay mad at him. I think Sookie is buying it too.
How is it that no one is ever really around to help her in her time of need? Everyone owes her. She always drops everything, travels where ever, gets in the middle of whatever, is even willing to break a few fingers along the way... and no one is EVER there when she is attacked?? I guess that's what keeps us reading...
I did not love the Fairy twist on all of this. I felt that what happened with them, became some horrible, random twist in the Sookie stories. I am not sad to see them closing the door, except maybe Claudine, I really liked her, but thought her end was horrible as well.
Once again, another great Charlaine Harris read, holding my breath till the next one comes out. Oh, and who did Niall mean in the end, the Vamp that loves her??? I say (hope) it's... ERIC!
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment