My Thoughts on From Dead to Worse

From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say I was not the least bit sad to see Sookie and Quinn breakup. But was sad to see how it went down with him. He was so tough, hot and invincible. But apparently he had a major weakness. Not that I could blame him, working to keep his family (mother and sister) together and out of trouble, but I also couldn't blame Sookie for insisting that she wanted to be "first" in someones life. That is obviouly how it should be, though I don't think she has that in any of her relationships.

I thought this was a good "wrap-it-up" novel. I thought CH tied up a lot of subplots and got rid of a few characters, then only to make way for new characters and plot twists. I have to say, I was even loosing track of the random people that came and went in the bar or the town or in the Were/Vamp communities.

The Were war was exciting to read, but thought the Vamp-war was lacking. She (CH) killed off a bunch of Vamps and had a change of regime and it was barely eventful. The queen of Louisana, who had caused so much turmoil and stress on all relationships, was poof, gone. That was disappointing.

Again, overall, another fast great Sookie story. I'll be sad if and when these ever actually end.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment