My Thoughts on Born of Night

Born of Night (The League, #1)Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was something I’d found at the library. I noticed it was a Sherrilyn Kenyon book, and having already read 8 or so of her others, in her Night Hunter, Were Hunter and Belador Series’ I knew I would like it. I was not disappointed. This is pure Kenyon style at its best. Nykyrian is such a strong, yet tormented character. Like many of the males in her books, they are survivors of complete, horrific atrocities. They have somehow risen out of their earlier lives to be something scary and misunderstood, but good, just needing that certain somebody to unlock their heart… Anyway, loved him.

I liked Kiara too, though I didn’t feel like she was as strong of a character. Many times I felt like she was just too wimpy or naïve. But I think that was how she was meant to be written. I liked how much she loved Nykyrian. And I think that saved her for me.

And hats off to SK for pulling this book off not only in the romance genre, but also in Sci-Fi. I think that it is amazing the worlds that authors have to create to delve into the fantasy or sci-fi. It’s one thing to write a story about a city we all know, in a country we all know, with names and places we recognize. But when authors have to create all of that from scratch, with words, places, names, beings, that are all being made up, and as a reader I can follow it and be in it with the author as it is being told…I think that is great.

I know this is only the first of four books in the League Series so far. Usually, I am anxious after putting down one in a series, to jump right into the next. But I will say that I am going to put a couple of books in between. I was either tearing up, snickering, sitting on pins and needles or dreading what was to come, and now I feel a bit emotionally drained. But loved it anyway.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment