14 Things that I Love- Day 6


I had my hair colored and highlighted... my 7-8 week routine. And it always seems like a major day, to have this done: Book the appointment several weeks in advance (usually 3), arrive early (in case she is on time or has extra time before-- but who am I kidding, she is always 15-30 minutes behind), 2 plus hours of getting the actual job done, and then the idle 'chit-chat' (that is actually pretty hard for me... I'm not really good at that). All of this to have two colors plus a highlight woven through my hair.

But the thing I love the most about day is sitting under the dryer. I think that part usually lasts about 30 minutes or so. But I TOTALLY plan for this. Bring books, magazines to my chair... I am READY! Bring on the heat. It is this warming relaxing spot, with the fan blowing. I can't hear a thing around me No one attempts to talk to me (because they already know it will be futile-- "Um.. what's that... sorry just can't hear you..). I just sit there warm cozy- in my own world- in the middle of a busy salon...

Of course I also have inky brown paste all over my head that has usually smeared somewhere on my face that I cannot see, but will stain for sure for later, and my hair is sticking up all over my head in probably enough foil to actually pick up satellite radio inside the dryer... no wonder no one is talking to me or expecting anything of me during that time... but I don't' care. Just tune all out, sit back ... read... sleep.... whatever... LOVE IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment