Why is it that I can actually OWN a movie, can watch it any time I want, no commercials, even in HD. But if it is on TV, I drop everything and watch it again- where it is edited for time, full of commercials and not near as good of quality. This is true for me with a handful of movies. Regardless of the fact that I own them, if their on TV, I watch anyway, and will make myself suffer through.Pretty Woman, from 1990, is one of those flicks. Even my husband LOVES this one (which he proceeds to say every time it comes on. So I already know this about him- but he always tells me anyway- which gets me to thinking he must have had a serious adolescence crush or girlfriend at the time this movie came out- he would have been 17, for him to be so marked by this typically- girly- romance movie). And if you know him at all... he HATES watching movies, or TV at all really. But if this one is on, he is watching. So last night around 10pm, flipping through the channels while laying in bed, we came across this one, and needless to say, we were instantly both totally sucked in. And even when you know, word for word, exactly what is going to happen, or what they are going to say... Each of us totally JUMP when the scene above happens and he closes the jewelry box. Then we both laugh, when she laughs.. Kind of funny really. I actually wonder if that whole scene was filmed the way it was intended to. Her surprise and laugh seem truly genuine, and it always has me thinking if that part was actually something Richard Gere did, jokingly while filming and then they kept the clip.... The emotions seem too real.
Twenty years ago, hot-sexy Vamps, wearwolves, demons were not really very mainstream. But all last night, while watching this, all I could think about was if this movie was remade today, Edward Lewis (Richard Gere) would have been a completely, utterly HOT and Perfect Vampire. And this movie would have had a completely awesome twist if that were the case. I think someone should take my advise and remake it... Could be called something like "Pretty Bite."
Anyhooo... just another thing that I love (hubby too). Oh, and of course the music as well. I have the soundtrack on my Ipod...















0 comments:
Post a Comment