Pop It, Lock It, Polka Dot It!




Lots going on lately. The thing about living in a very seasonal area is that summers don't last very long. And around here it is really only about 8 weeks. Don't get me wrong. There's lots of great things about June. I love the lush green of the garden, the long days, and the relief that school is finally out. September is equally as great with its Indian summer days, cool evenings, and the relief that school has finally started again. But really it's July and Augst and that's it.


Anyway, when summer comes, our family is on a dead run to squeeze in every activity possible. Seeing everyone we can. Doing everything, all in our few allotted weeks. Every night is an activity. Early mornings till late nights. Finding the time for the regular stuff, like laundry, dishes, blogging ...***bashful smile here*** seems next to impossible.

So since I last posted




  • My 20 Year High School Reunion


  • Junior Sailing Regatta


  • Maddi at Summer Camp for a Week


  • My writers conference in Seattle for 4 days


  • Laci's 8th Birthday


  • Laci at Summer Camp the next week


  • Brad's Cousins and their kids were in town for a week


  • And then all the regular stuff: hanging with the family at the lake, seeing friends, play dates and the big horrible four letter word that pays the bills....WORK


I have pics of everything. I'll try to post some, but I haven't really messed with them much yet other than the inital download out of the camera. Tonight however, the girls and I are having much needed down time. I finished a few work projects today and we ran all of our errands in town today, then rented a couple of Red Box videos, picked up some Chinese take out, and settled into the couch for an evening in. Brad of course is not giving up a night of summer for anything and is down at the yacht club tinkering with one of his boats even as I type.

We already watched Beastly...ahh cute love story! And now we are watching Hannah Montana the Movie. Secret confession here. I actually this movie. It's the music. I'm not really a huge Miley Cyrus fan, but the songs in this movie are great. They just sucks me in and the girls and I sing to all the songs. I swear one day I am actually going to know the moves and be able to dance the HoeDown Throwdown!











So there you have it, a snapshot of my crazy , yet very normal life. Each day is a blur right now. But I am trying to look though the blur to find some sort of clarity...If even only for a night. I'm going to leave you with a quote from one of my favorite fictional characters, Anita Blake (written by Laurel K. Hamilton. She is queen of the one-liners. She always says the perfect thing I think. This one from Book 11, Cerulean Sins:

"You have to fight to carve little pieces of happiness out of your life, or the everyday emergencies will eat up everything..."


0 comments:

Post a Comment