The Devouring by Simon HoltMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book definitely gave me the creeps. And I liked that (I must be twisted on some level). I only seemed to have evenings open to read it, and I will say that I had very strange dreams at night after reading. For me this book was like a shorter, young-adult, sensored version of a Stephen King novel. So I wasn't freaked out scared to be alone or answer the front door or anything- like I would have been had it been an Adult Horror/Thriller- but I definitely had the chills from reading it.
I thought the writing in the beginning was pretty simplistic and bland, and for that I would really have only given it 3 stars, but the story kept surprising me with the unexpected, so for that it gets 4 stars...
Oh- and the creepiest part for me.... the little brother, Henry. He kept giving me flashbacks of Damian from the Omen... ugh!
View all my reviews















0 comments:
Post a Comment